When it comes to ethnic Indian outfits in likes of Khadi and cotton, where else to go but Fabindia. But what about eating traditional Indian food? Simple, go to Fabindia! Surprised? A new bistro is in town: Fabcafe an Indian bistro which is the brainchild of Fabindia’s chain.
Located in sector 29, Gurgaon, this cafe promises traditional Indian food with a healthy twist. For e.g Dal makhani without the cream or Turmeric Amla Ganna juice. The cafe is gaining popularity slowly. Let’s take a look at what makes it stand out:
Ambience: First impression is the last impression, and it stands true when it comes to ambience of any restaurant. Nowadays people not only look for good food, but also for an ambience which makes them feel good and can lift their spirits. The cafe has a refreshing ambience and soothing music which gives positive vibes.
Staff: A courteous and friendly staff also contributes to the popularity of this restaurant.
Healthy Meal Options: The other specialty of this cafe, it provides healthy menu options which includes Vegan, Gluten free, keto, sugar and dairy free options. What’s more? They prepare fresh almond milk, another feather in their cap.
Food: Coming to the main point, food is delicious and healthy at the same time. Below are some of the menu options to try:
● Spicy Sprout filled GolGappas: The desi golgappas got a healthy twist. With sprouts filling and pomegranate, pineapple and mint water this appetizer is a crowd favourite.
● Tri Grain Papdi Chaat Medley: another one to look out for made with three grain flour which makes for a healthy and nourishing start.
● Chicken Momos: a gluten free option, chicken momos made in jackfruit flour.
● Fabcafe Dal Makhani: Delicious dal makhani prepared in hand churned butter and without the cream, for the health conscious.
● Six Grain Paratha/Quinoa Chapati/Jackfruit Flour Chapati: For the health-conscious people there are options for gluten free and vegan chapatis and six grain parathas for the side.
● Chicken Tikka Makhni: For the chicken lovers this is another healthy variation of traditional chicken tikka made in white butter with no cream. A must have for non-vegetarians.
● Spinach Momos: Veg momos with spinach filling.
● Juices/shakes and Smoothies: Choose from a variety of slow pressed juices. You will find the most loved Ganna juice here with ginger lime and black salt, something which will remind you of summer. Vegans can choose from Almond fig or Peach cinnamon.
● Beverages: You will also find the tea or coffee here. Go for Kashmiri Kahwa to give your taste buds a kick.
Pricing: With an average price of Rs 1200/- for a meal of two, the pricing is a little bit on the higher side, but rest assured it will be worth every penny.
Fabindia is known for its traditional Indian touch, and that is what you will find in Fabcafe as well. A restaurant with healthy and tasty food is found rarely. Fabcafe is definitely a go to place for foodies and health conscious.
Address: Plot 8-9, Sector 29, Gurgaon
Timing: 8:30 AM – 11:00 PM